Hombu Dojo 1968

Hombu Dojo 1968

Friday, January 4, 2008

sayonara 2007 hello 2008

Happy New Year 2008
2007 began like any other year... many plans, expectations and some dreams with some strong wishes working on them to come true.

In the middle of January I received a post-card from Fujita Sensei (Tokyo - Japan) he mentioned there that he is going to teach in Holland in February. I phoned Fujita Sensei and asked him about that seminar and he asked me to contact someone called Ernesto... I began searching for Ernesto who is supposed to be an Aikidoka related to Fujita Sensei but it was not easy. I sent emails to some dojos and organizations in Holland and after one day someone replied and gave me his phone number. A few weeks later I landed in Holland and a wonderful friendship began. I found an amazing group of people... so friendly and warm. Aikido level impressed me so much and I learned a lot in the seminar.

In July I went to Holland again and participated in another fantastic seminar with Fujita Sensei and the IPAAN dojos.

A couple of months later Fujita Sensei came to Israel to conduct here a seminar and we had three guests from Holland - Lawrence, Jean-Paul and Gareth.

I am looking forward to seeing you all again this February on Ameland.

One very sad thing happened in 2007 - Rev. Kensho Furuya Sensei passed away. Furuya Sensei (Los Angeles) was my good friend, teacher and a great source of knowledge and inspiration. I miss him greatly. He died just before a big seminar he organized. He actually invited me to that Seminar. That Aikido senimar was meant to be a memorial seminar for O-Sensei and eventually in became a memorial seminar for Furuya Sensei too. The Dojo in LA looks just like a middle ages samurai dojo and training was hard and excellent. I wish his students all the strength and inspiration during their hard time now without such an outstanding teacher. Seems that they are doing well.

To end this year with happiness, we had here in Israel a wonderful visitor from Holland. Paul came to Israel to travel, train with us and spontaneously also to teach a few classes. Everyone were impressed by his talent and joy of teaching and training.

2008 begins with many plans and wishes. Also with some dreams... I wish that we will all meet and train together. Please come and visit us here in Israel. You can visit our dojo any time and we would love to travel with you if you like.

Take care good friends,
Ze'ev Erlich.

No comments:

Post a Comment